Friday, January 13, 2012

Review: Lover's Leap by Emily March

The Book: Lover's Leap (Book 4 in the Eternity Springs Series)

The Author: Emily March
The Publisher: Ballantine Books

After struggling through a particularly boring book (more on that soon), I had almost lost the will to read. However, Lover's Leap was just gem I needed to re-spark my desire to read.

Summary: After traveling across the world, Sarah is floored when her path collides with Cam Murphy. The father of her daughter. Her first love. After fleeing to the safety of her home in Eternity Springs, Sarah tries to forget about Cam, which shouldn't have been too hard, since he abandoned her twenty years earlier and called their daughter a "mistake". That was, until he showed up in Eternity Springs, "tilting her world on it's axis."

Reaction: Despite the overused phrase quoted above regarding the tilting of Sarah's world on it's axis, Lover's Leap was beyond delightful to read. Having read many romance books, I've come to expect a rather predictable roller coaster ride of emotions. There is usually a hard struggle up with a bit of joy at the top and then free fall as the world comes crashing down. This is followed by another high and then happiness as the story comes to a close. Lover's Leap sort of follows this model. The only difference being that Emily March throws in all sorts of twists, turns, and loop-de-loops along the way. I swear, this roller coaster knows how to go sideways! Just when I think my emotions are safe, she throws in a punch!

Verdict: 5 of 5 stars. All I gotta say is, there is a reason this book made it on the New York Times bestseller list! Now, off to get my hands on the first three in the series...

No comments:

Post a Comment